Michael Schiefel: Invisible Loop: Presscuts
[Tracks] [Info] [Press] [Order CD]
Release Date: 01.09.1997
TT Catalogue No: 4426
- "A star is born."
Berliner Morgenpost 4.11.97
- "With the release of his debut CD in the fall,
Michael Schiefel will cause something of a stir."
- "It has little to do with traditional acappella singing;
Michael Schiefel helps the genre to leap into the 90's ... bewildering virtuosic!"
- "The discovery of the year!"
- "A voice without limits!"
- "Singing art and technique deliver a daring duet which flashes
through quite a few emotional frontiers. Schiefel revels in acappella, loves
pop-songs and free improvisation. Now he takes a crack at a solo appearance and
with 'Invisible Loop', the symbiosis. He succeeds wonderfully with highlights
like 'The Third Prelude' from Bach, Sting's 'Walking in Your Footsteps', Andy
Summers' 'Mother' and a version of 'The Dawn' which will please Miles Davis fans.
Michael Schiefel's sound impressions bear witness to quality and taste."
- "Schiefel's astounding vocal quick-change art doesn't
miss a sound. Which answers the question if there could be singing after Bobby
Hamburger Abendblatt 12/97
- " ... a whole new dimension to human singing
in our time. 'Invisible Loop' is a harmonious sound adventure par excellence."
Jazz Podium 2/97
- "Michael Schieffel successfully straddled art and entertainment
with dazzling, densely layered pieces."
- "Refined works of art by voice ... With 'I Hate Music but I Like
to Sing', Schiefel has begun his grandiose solo performance - a slogan which
for him became an impressive program, and from the public, a jubilant one."
Mindener Tageblatt 31.3.98