Vinx: Big 'n Round: Presscuts
[Tracks] [Info] [Press] [Order CD]
Release Date: 01.09.1999
TT Catalogue No: 4431
- "In spite of a few rock-laden and electronically alienated passages, a magically
- "...extremely relaxed vocal acrobatics, scat-singing as if it were the
easiest and most natural thing in the world, unpretentious and yet absolutely
- "An absolutely convincing voice, a groove that gets right into your bloodstream
- one of my first thoughts while listening: Here's finally somebody making "real
- "He (Vinx) can even give a vocal solo so much suspense that track-zapping
Wom Journal 11/99
- "Vinx once again relies on his time-tested qualities: Soul & jazz,
intimate, direct, and handmade."
- "Singing and percussion without a lot of effects, plus a grooving band,
really round out "Big'n'Round."
- "Vinx sounds really original here, sparingly using several effects for
his voice, he gives us a good, exceedingly groovy album, far from anything
Jungle Funk has offered to date. Just good songs, sparingly instrumented, and
intelligently mature percussion."
Drums & Percussion 11/99
- "It's all real, every note is played. And that "big and round" soul
voice embraces the grooves like a warm winter coat."
- "Berlin-based Traumton deserves a hearty handshake for this delightful
album, which deftly toes the line between pop and jazz. Nice job, VINX!"
G21, Bob Powers